How android wear has changed my life - And can surely change yours



Android wear is by no means a new platform, and its devices have been with us for a while now. While we await for the expected release of Android wear 2.0 (5.0 W), let’s talk a bit about my last couple of months as an early adapter.
After watching the Google I/O in June, and the android wear presentation, I immediately made a decision. I was going to buy the first Android wear device to come to my country, as soon as it became available.
As soon as the LG G Watch was on stock, I went on to buy a Gold White one.

A before and after

As soon as I got the device I paired it with my Motorola Moto G (2013) running Kit Kat 4.4.4 and made the way I interacted with my notifications change forever. This are the three main aspects in which Android Wear helps me every day (in no specific order).

1.      Navigation

Two days before I bought the watch, I moved to a new continent, new country and of course, new city. Everyone has had the experience of finding him- herself in a place they don’t know and wondering what to do.
Nothing could be better than saying “okay Google” “navigate to ‘random street name’”
After that, all I had to do was walk, and when I had to take a turn, I would feel a slight vibration in my wrist. I would just lift my hand a bit and I would now where to go. –A delight!

2.      Notification managing

Who hasn't felt a little anger inside when their phone vibrates all the time with useless notifications? At least I used to feel that a lot. Now, if my wrists vibrate, all I have to do is check my watch. If it is something important, I take my phone out of my pocket.
A huge plus that this gives too, is the battery you save by not powering on the huge bright battery hungry display of the phone every single time it rings.

3.      Phone controls/Music Playback

At home, my stereo is too far away from where I like to sit to work. That used to be kind of a problem, as I wasn’t able to change a song when I didn’t want to hear it, without having to leave my chair.  Thanks to Android wear, I can just change songs from my watch.

Exactly the same story is when I want to change ringer volume or activate wi-fi from a place where I cannot reach my phone. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poweradd Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speakers with USB Port Review